Siri does not work with Notes on the Apple Watch. I have a Drafts complication, as well as an IFTTT complication that includes various Do Note applets, like sending a note to Todoist or Evernote. However, there does not seem to be an easy way to “Hey Siri” one’s way into note dictation. Here is a solution I came up with:
- Create an IFTTT recipe.
- The trigger is SMS with a hashtag. (I chose #watch.)
- The destination is “append to a note in Evernote.” (I call my note “Watch SMS.”)
- Create a contact with the IFTTT SMS number. I found that Siri does not recognize IFTTT, so I created a contact called “My Assistant.” It took a few tries, but Siri now associates “My Assistant” with the IFTTT #.
- Say to your watch, “Hey Siri, text My Assistant Joe Blow’s number is 555-1212 hashtag watch.”
- Check your Evernote note, and your note will be there!
- “Joe blow’s number is 555-1212 #Watch”