If I say “Hey Siri, remind me …” to my Apple Watch while my iPhone is within hearing distance, iOS schedules duplicate reminders. Shouldn’t the OS be smart enough to know that if both devices hear the same request at the same time, I only want to reminded once?
Archives for December 2016
Siri does not work with Notes on the Apple Watch. I have a Drafts complication, as well as an IFTTT complication that includes various Do Note applets, like sending a note to Todoist or Evernote. However, there does not seem to be an easy way to “Hey Siri” one’s way into note dictation. Here is a solution I came up with:
- Create an IFTTT recipe.
- The trigger is SMS with a hashtag. (I chose #watch.)
- The destination is “append to a note in Evernote.” (I call my note “Watch SMS.”)
- Create a contact with the IFTTT SMS number. I found that Siri does not recognize IFTTT, so I created a contact called “My Assistant.” It took a few tries, but Siri now associates “My Assistant” with the IFTTT #.
- Say to your watch, “Hey Siri, text My Assistant Joe Blow’s number is 555-1212 hashtag watch.”
- Check your Evernote note, and your note will be there!
- “Joe blow’s number is 555-1212 #Watch”