No, it’s not really stealing. If you dig a blogger’s blogroll, WordPress provides an easy way to export their list of links into a structured format called OPML. You can import it into your own WordPress blog and then edit as needed.
- Add “/wp-links-opml.php” after a domain name and it will output an OPML file. For example, enter http://sasstrology.com/wp-links-opml.php into an address bar.
- You will likely see an XML file in your window. Go to File > Save and save to your computer. (The browser will append the file name with .xml so it will be called wp-links-opml.php.xml.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Tools > Import and select “Blogroll.”
- You will then install a plugin called “OPML Importer.” Click “Activate Plugin and Run Importer.”
- Choose the file you downloaded from your local disk.
- Select the category you want to import the blogroll into.
- Click “Import OPML file.”